New vacancy for Project Administrator at our Long Eaton headquarters
17 Apr, 2023
by APS security
We are very excited to be recruiting for this new role within our growing Projects Department at our Head office in Long Eaton. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will play a key role in the successful and timely completion of fire and security engineering projects alongside our existing operations team. You will focus primarily on new projects involving regular communication and collaboration with multiple functions across the organisation.
Projects Administrator / Long Eaton
The function of this role is to provide admin support to our Project engineers with meeting arrangements, organising labour requirements (internal and external sub-contractors), invoicing, issuance of contractual notices, processing engineers’ paperwork and all ad-hoc admin duties.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure that effective administrative support is provided to the Project Team
- Provide administrative support to co-ordinate and organise team events such as team meetings, team building.
- Support the Project engineers by undertaking a range of regular and ad hoc administrative tasks including order processing, Invoicing, document controls, filing, processing supplier orders, client/engineers’ paperwork, and minutes to support the effective provision of project administration services to the project.
- Plan internal and external resources to achieve project deadlines.
- Create engineering packs ready for the installation teams.
- Allocate and manage project stock levels.
- Answering client queries on all forms of medium
- Database management using our CRM tool (CASH for windows)
- Work to exceed expected quality standards, always comply with processes and contribute to improvements.
- Pro-actively support the businesses QHSE policies.
- Demonstrate the APS values.
- Contribute positively to the achievement of high performance across the team.
The Following Qualities/experience Are Essential
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Organisation and Prioritising Skills
- Works well under pressure
- Microsoft Package knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The Following Qualities/experience Are Desirable
- Invoicing experience
- Cost control
- Sales experience
- Engineering Drawing Knowledge
- CASH for Windows experience
Why work for us
Every day our teams deliver fantastic projects in challenging conditions, developing, managing, and maintaining full compliance with all relevant standards in the fire life safety sector.
For more than 27 years, APS have embraced sustainable, transparent, and environmentally responsible practices. So, we are looking for colleagues to work with us to strengthen our own commitment to responsible sourcing, as well as safety and security. At APS we’re driven by our values and believe in being collaborative, trusted, enterprising and disciplined.
Here at APS, we are one of the Midlands most trusted experts, we work with world-class manufacturers to design, install, maintain, and commission fire life safety and security solutions that are right for our clients’ bespoke needs and environment.
Join our APS team as a Project Administrator and you’ll be part of our legacy.
- Salary – Circa £22K – £24K (negotiable/dependent on job experience)
- Annual leave – 25 days plus statutory bank holidays
Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Speak to a Security & Fire Expert0115